Welcome to Machno Holiday Cottage
Machno is a modern end terrace that sleeps five, in three bedrooms. Situated in a quiet location in Minffordd, within walking distance of the world-famous Italianate village of Portmeirion, and in easy reach of the busy town of Porthmadog, which has a good range of shops and restaurants, as well as the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Steam Railways.
We are proud to provide a real home-from-home welcome with everything you need for a comfortable and relaxing holiday. The warm and spacious interior provides a cosy retreat whatever the weather and there is plenty of room for all the family to relax and enjoy themselves. The kitchen/dining room is fully equipped for self-catering – including a dishwasher and washing machine – and there is a garden with table and chairs for relaxing/dining outdoors. There is also a spacious conservatory, wifi and a smart TV.
Whether your passion is beautiful scenery, beaches, steam trains, hiking, climbing, mountain biking, or even more adventurous pursuits, Machno holiday cottage is perfectly situated to enjoy the many delights North Wales offers.
Please check out the guestbook for feedback from our happy customers and let us know if you need any more information!
- Bedroom 1 has a king size bed, TV/DVD, radio alarm clock and built-in wardrobe.
- Bedroom 2 has two single beds and built-in wardrobe.
- Bedroom 3 has one single bed and built-in wardrobe. (Please note this bed is fairly high so unsuitable for very young children)
- Bathroom has WC, over-bath electric shower, wash basin and heated towel rail.
- The lounge has plenty of seating with two leather double settees and a single leather chair. It also has WiFi, smart TV, DVD player, CD radio, electric fire etc.
- The kitchen/diner is fully equipped with electric eye-level cooker, separate electric hob, microwave oven, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher and DAB Radio.
- The kitchen leads to a conservatory (with cane suite) and enclosed garden.
The house has electric storage heaters and is very warm and cosy.
The premises are non-smoking and we don’t allow pets.
There is off-road parking provided to the rear of the property for one car. Additional cars can be parked on the road or in the free car park close to the front of the property.
There is a bus stop within 100m and Minffordd station (main line and steam) is 500m away.
A complimentary beverage tray is provided on your arrival.
We provide tea towels, washing up liquid, washing up brush/cloth as well as detergents for the dishwasher and washing machine.
Bed linen and towels are included.
A stair safety-gate and high chair can be provided by prior arrangement (at no extra cost).
We also have a selection of books, games and DVDs which you are welcome to use during your stay.
Hi, we’re Louise and Paul. We live in Birmingham and have been visiting North Wales for many years after getting married at Portmeirion. We first stayed at Machno ourselves as self catering guests. When we arrived we immediately felt at home and were keen to go back to stay the following year. We discovered that the owners were thinking of selling so we jumped at the chance to buy the house.
Machno isn’t just a holiday rental, it’s our second home which we are delighted to share with our visitors. As we stay there regularly with our daughter Emily, it means it really is a home from home with everything you need for a relaxing break.
We understand that this is a difficult time and many people are concerned about the virus.
For general information on how to avoid catching and spreading Coronavirus see the NHS website. For general information about the Coronavirus rules inn Wales see the guidance published on the Welsh government website.
If your booking is affected by a compulsory travel restriction or the property is unable to open you may transfer to a later date or the booking will be cancelled and we will return the money you have paid.
Our cleaners will be cleaning to their usual high standard, as well as taking extra steps to ensure the house is as Covid safe as possible, including using anti-bac wipes on all high touch areas/items eg. switches, remotes, handles. The cushions in the living room will be changed each week and mattress and pillow protectors will be washed at each changeover. We have also streamlined the contents of the house to make it easier to clean by removing hard to disinfect items, but we are confident you will still find it a welcoming and homely place to stay.
Due to the enhanced cleaning procedures, we have had to increase the time between bookings. This means that arrival time will be from 4pm and departure time by 10am. It’s important that you stick to these as it may not give us enough time to prepare the house if you arrive early or stay later.
We are asking all guests to understand the situation and help us with the safety of cleaners and the next people arriving in the house. On departure please:
- Strip all beds and place the linen (pillow cases, pillow protectors, sheets, mattress protectors, duvet covers) and towels in the bags provided. This will allow the cleaner to take it straight to the laundrette without handling it.
- Empty rubbish bins and put the bags in the rubbish and recycling bins outside the house.
If you have to cancel your holiday because you need to self-isolate/become ill and cannot travel, we will try to resell the time you have booked, but cannot guarantee a refund. We advise everyone to take out travel insurance to cover any unexpected events.
Please do not travel to Machno if you have symptoms of CV or are self isolating. If you develop symptoms while staying at Machno, please inform us, self-isolate and request a test.
If you have any questions, please get in touch.
Machno is a modern three bedroom end of terrace property situated on the main A487 road between Penrhyndeudraeth and Porthmadog. There is parking for one car to the rear of the property. Additional parking is available on the street. Minffordd railway station is 500m away and there is a bus stop within 100m.
Access to the front door of the property is via a level path from the kerb edge. Entry to the property is via a small step over the door sill.
Access to the back of the house is via the conservatory. From the parking space to the rear of the property there is a gate, then a short path with one small step. There is another step into the conservatory. There is also a step up from the conservatory to the kitchen/dining area.
All bedrooms and the bathroom are on the first floor. There is no downstairs toilet.
The kitchen has a good number of cupboards at wall and floor level. There are several electric sockets at worktop level and two at ground level. The microwave is wall mounted at eye level. The dining section has one ceiling light and the cooking area has four ceiling mounted spot lights as well as lighting under the wall cupboards. There is a DAB radio.
The lounge has a Smart TV with Sky box, DVD player and CD player. There is a ceiling light, a standard lamp and a table lamp.
Bedside lights are provided in all bedrooms with a child safe light in the single room.
Mobile phone reception is good and the house has free wifi broadband.
There is one wide step followed by twelve stairs straight up to the first floor. Doorways are standard width.
A stairgate and high chair are available on request.
The garden has a large are of flat slabs, accessible from the rear path and conservatory, with separate areas of gravel and grass.
There is a seven inch step up through a gateway into a separate grassed area.
Machno Holiday Cottage respects your right to privacy.
Use of your personal information/data
- During the booking process, we ask you for information, such as your name, address, e-mail address and phone numbers.
- All customer information is solely used for processing and managing your booking. We do not share your information with any third parties other than our dedicated service providers.
- We use email as our primary mechanism for communicating with you about your booking and you will receive a confirmation of your booking by e-mail.
- We may give you a call in advance of your stay to ensure that you have everything you need before you arrive.
- In the unlikely event of a problem with your booking we will also communicate this to you via e-mail or the telephone.
- We ask for a mobile phone number just in case we need to contact you during your stay at Machno.
- We may on occasion contact you via email to share any special offers. Please let us know if you do not want to receive these.
- Payment is taken via your online banking or personal cheque. No financial details are taken or stored.
- If you wish to contact Machno Holiday Cottage to see a copy of all the personal information held about you please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.